Thursday, April 10, 2008

another new blog

hi friends! welcome to another new blog written by someone you know, or hope to know more thoroughly.

i've been putting this off for quite some time, despite encouragement from influential people like andrea henchey, who, if you don't know, is an amazing writer to whom i cannot be compared. i was reading linda mack's blog this morning and it always makes me smile- she really writes the way she talks and it tickles me to hear her adorable voice narrating in my head as i read. everyone has a blog on blogger and it has occurred to me many times that i should jump aboard but i'm always too... distracted/ambivalent/(insert adjective here) to do anything about it. today the "create blog" link at the top of the page was screaming at me so i said to myself, "lydia dear, get it over with. it could be a good thing." so here i am, with a blog of my own.

"what to do with it?" i ask. well, self... how about you lay some ground rules- for the readers, mostly, since it's my blog and i can do whatever i want (including breaking "ground rules").

first, i never capitalize anything unless it's necessary for emphasis. it's not an e.e. cummings rip off, i just... do it. don't question me on this, as i have no good explanation outside of i prefer the look of lower to upper case. i'm a type geek, it's my prerogative and i'm sticking to my guns.

secondly, you may be asking yourself why i chose to entitle this blog "ellipsis ampersand asterisk". well again, i'm a type geek and i really just love that simple punctuation marks have such interesting and mellifluous names! plus, i'm imparting a little wisdom on people who don't know the actual names of either "..." or "&" or "*". one more thing- ellipses contain just three periods...

i digress.

this is a place to find rantings, ravings, loves, hates, passions, accounts, events, thoughts, dreams, and anything else my little heart pleases to post. i hope you'll make a point to stop by now and again.

ex's and oh's!

lydia.

2 comments:

AJ Henchey said...

It's about time! Reminds me that I should be blogging too...

love,
&rea

lydia j. said...

hey, how'd you find me?